Friday, April 23, 2010

Planning a Wedding?

It took me more than two years to plan out my own wedding. Good thing, my gf (who turned out to be my wife now) was not in such a hurry that she agreed that we plan out our wedding for 24 months. I should say that two years of wedding preparation is already enough to ensure that the wedding day goes smooth and memorable.

There are several factors to consider when planning your own wedding. Let me share some of my experience in planning out my own wedding. Oh, I've been married for six years already and is blessed with a cute four-year-old boy (wife is due next month for our second boy).

Legal Preparations
You need to apply for a marriage license. Marriage license is a requirement for either a Civil or Church wedding to be held in the Philippines. The Application Form for a marriage license must be secured at the Local Civil Registrar from the city, town or municipality where either the bride or the groom habitually resides. The personal appearance of those getting married is required in applying for a marriage license.


2. Parents' Consent (for 18-21 years old) or Parent's Advice (for 21-25 years old): Under Philippine law, the legal age for marriage is 18. If the contracting parties are between the ages of 18 and 21, they must present written consent to the marriage from their father, mother or legal guardian. While any contracting party between the age of 22 and 25 must present written parental advice, i.e., a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple's intent to marry. Read Parental Consent vs. Parental Advice for a detailed discussion on the difference between the two terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment